Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Emotional rollercoaster

"Well it's not for me to say, but I can't see what you see in him anyway. But such righteousness in me is not a nice thing to display. Who am I for Christ's sake anyway, to judge a life this way when my own's in disarray?" - TWO STAR by Everything But The Girl


Wondering why I decided to be nostalgic now... maybe it's the food I ate.

Before I continue with my incoherent musings, I have to say I enjoy writing here. Aside from the fact that I type faster than I write, I guess it's the fact that my thoughts are shared to other people in one way or another.

Everything But The Girl

One of my favourite bands. Most of their songs have been part of my emotional upheavals while some have been part of my celebration of love, life and relationships. This song has been a personal favourite, not because I have too many broken relationships (because I don't) but because the song looks inward as well. I have to be honest that this was my song for a very long time since I had to convince myself that I should get on with my life after I broke up with someboady.

I guess most of us who just broke up with somebody feel that we are victims. Yet when we take a second look, the person we loved might be feeling that way too. WAIT! I am not trying to be a therapist here so I should not really elaborate on this further.

Now that I've started about relationships and love, let me continue a bit more. The question "Why do you love me?" always puts me in an awkward situation. It's cliche but love is not something you explain. I could probably recite Elizabeth Barrett Browning's sonnet but I would be like my father who used a compilations of sonnets and poems to court my mom (obviously he succeeded, hehe!).

I know a song from Everything But The Girl describes the feeling of being in love without saying what love really is:

"Now I don't have to tell you how slow the night can go, I know you've watched for the light. And I bet you could tell me how slowly four follows three, and you're most forlorn just before dawn. So if you loose your faith babe, you can have mine, and if you're lost, I'm right behind, cause we walk the same line. When it's dark baby, there's a light I'll shine, and if you're lost, I'm right behind, cause we walk the same line."

I guess this song tells most of how one feels when you're in love. It seems like time is being stretched so long when you are waiting for him/her, you will always be there for each other and you will eventually reach a compromise about most things.

I hope my boyfriend Buds gets to read this. I love you Buds, don't doubt that.

2 Comments:

Blogger criswithoutanh said...

Inlab talaga ang lolo...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwVinH9clrA

Friday, March 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home