Monday, June 20, 2005

Adrenaline Withdrawal

Centred, calm and collected... something I am feeling right now after a long day and a big activity. Now I can focus on less troublesome topics such as favourite books and unusual characters in them; maybe I should just say non-mainstream? Hehe

The Last Herald Mage of Valdemar

JRR Tolkien is the prime mover of the fantasy adventure genre. I am so glad that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed in this generation when there's a very thin line between fantasy, films and reality. For those who've watched the films, need I say more? For those who have not seen them, find 9 hours of your precious time and watch them!

Another trilogy that I recommend is the Last Herald Mage of Valdemar authored by Mercedes Lackey. One can always say that the LOTR trilogy was too macho. However, this "other" trilogy is exactly the opposite. The lead author, Herald Mage Vanyel Ashkevron is not actually heterosexual but that's not the reason I am recommending it. The plot is really good and the three books are easy to read. I will refuse to say more about the book other than the fact that sexuality and preferences play a major part in the book as well but was intellegently and seamlessly incorporated in the story.

Wind to thy wings ashke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home